Uses and purposes of Personal Data
The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data may vary depending on the type of relationship you have with us, such as if you are one of our customers or a website user. Haworth collects and uses personal data according to the purpose limitation principle.
The information we collect is used to:
- Administer your account. If you have a commercial relationship with Haworth, we use your personal data to develop our customer relationship and to comply with legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements.
- Maintain our business records for commercial relationships using customer information to ensure the proper operation of the day-to-day business, such as by personalizing your site experience, allowing customer service to better respond to your requests, quickly processing any transactions and administering sales activities.
- Respond to prospective customer requests for information, products or services, and for marketing activities such as administering a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- Send marketing messages. When required by applicable law, we obtain your consent prior to sending any direct marketing communications. You may change your preferences or opt out of all e-mails at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link found in each e-mail.
- Improve our products, including by conducting analytics of user perceptions of furniture and space designs, collecting statistics about space utilization, to generating profiles for of types of space layouts used by customers to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
- Operate this website, including by managing your account or subscriptions, storing your preferences and settings, providing interest-based advertising to website visitors, generating aggregated statistics and analyzing how you use our website and online services. For additional information on these activities, see our cookies policy.
- Comply with our legal obligations, including by complying with tax reporting obligations and responding to legitimate law enforcement requests.
We will seek your consent before using your personal data for any purposes not listed above.
Your contact information
When you provide us with your contact information, we will use that information to provide services related to this website. For example, if you purchase a product on our site, we will use your mailing address to ship your order. We may also send you e-mail messages confirming your order or reporting on the status of your order.
If you register on our site, we give you the option to add your e-mail address to one or more e-mail lists. You may change your preferences or opt out of all e-mails at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link found at the bottom of each e-mail. Note that if you unsubscribe, we may still email you in connection with specific requests from you or regarding issues specific to you.
Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating the personal data you provide to us.
Payment for products
If you purchase any products, like any other retailer we will have to provide your payment information to our payment processor and authenticator for payment purposes, and your name and address to the company that ships our merchandise.
Information shared with our business partners
Information shared with our affiliates
Business operations, law enforcement and legal actions
We may release your information without prior notice when we believe it is appropriate to prevent fraud; to comply with law or to cooperate with law enforcement activity or other governmental request; to respond to subpoenas, court orders or administrative agency requests for information; to enforce our policies; to protect the rights, property and safety of our business and of others; or when required or otherwise permitted by law. For example, we may share information with law enforcement to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use our site for illegal reasons. If there is a sale or merger of all or substantially all of the company, division or business unit that operates this site, we may also transfer the information we have collected in connection with such sale or merger.