AIA Course #: HAW620
IDCEC Course #: CEU-111123
Provider Number - J486
To request this CEU delivered in-person or virtually, please contact your A&D Representative .
Course at a Glance
• Course Delivery Type Live, 1-hour
• This course is 1.0 HSW credit
• Course Expiration – 3/31/2022
About This Course
Mitigating the negative health risks associated with a sedentary life and workstyle is an issue for everyone, especially today’s knowledge workers. Designers can help shape spaces that combat inactivity and positively support workplace wellness initiatives. Workplace Well-Being: Designing for Movement focuses on the value of movement to our overall well-being and provides strategies for designing movement into the work experience – wherever that may be – at work, at home or someplace in-between. Here, we will learn how workplace design can encourage movement and how to make the case with employers to support these well-being initiatives for their occupants.
• Define the difference between wellness and well-being
• Evaluate the current state of workplace wellness.
• Describe the three layers of movement and the benefits of each.
• Identify strategies for creating spaces that build movement into workplace design.
• Examine real world applications of workplace design that enhanced movement.
2. Wellness versus well-being
3. Current state of workplace wellness
4. Learn the three layers of movement
5. Apply the three layers of movement in individual, group or team, and floorplate designs
6. Explore leading approaches to designing for movement
7. Summary and discussion.