Mitigating the negative health risks associated with a sedentary life and workstyle is an issue for everyone, especially today’s workers. Designers can help shape spaces that combat inactivity and positively support workplace wellness initiatives. This course focuses on the value of movement to our overall well-being and provides strategies for designing movement into the work experience.
In this 1-hour course participants learn how workplace design can encourage movement and well-being, based on frameworks such as WELL Building, Living Building Challenge and fitwel as guides, and how to use this knowledge to incorporate organization-wide well-being initiatives.
- Examine the difference between wellness and well-being.
- Evaluate the current state of workplace wellness.
- Describe the three layers of movement and the benefits of each.
- Identify strategies for creating spaces that build movement into workplace design.
- Examine real world applications of workplace design that enhance movement.