Haworth’s goals are focused on people and community; circular economy; and operational performance. The report includes the following results and work toward these goals:
- Haworth is dedicated to reducing its corporate carbon footprint in line with the Paris Climate Agreement, including limiting global warming to 1.5°C of the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), cut greenhouse gas emissions in half before 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions before 2050. Haworth has published its greenhouse gas emissions in this report since 2005.
- Carbon accountability is an important element in Haworth’s sustainability strategy. To take immediate climate action, one of Haworth’s 2025 Commitments is to source manufacturing electricity from 100% renewable options to reduce emissions from our production processes by more than half.
- In 2021, Haworth diverted over 866 tons of waste from landfills
- Five out of 12 global Haworth manufacturing sites have already sourced 100% renewable and carbon neutral energy in 2021
- 100% of new products employ circular design principles
- Haworth continues to expand diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives to foster and sustain employees, suppliers, designers and dealers
- 25% of Haworth’s North American dealers self-reported as minority- and/or women-owned
- Read more about Haworth’s corporate social responsibility here.