AIA Course #: HAW544; HSW
IDCEC Course #: CC-100845; HSW
USGBC Course #: 90000199
Subject Code: 4. Design Specialties / 1. Corporate/Office
One Hour Course
To request this CEU delivered in-person or virtually, please contact your A&D Representative.
This presentation explores the design and business benefits of modular interior construction. It demonstrates how re-manufactured and pre-engineered architectural, technological and products made with mass customization, can create a unique corporate environment that is a performing business asset. It emphasizes the value of good design which equals good business for clients. It discusses methods of using workspace interiors to create an aesthetic that continually adapts to a client’s needs. It shows facilities managers how adaptable workspaces can help organize work environments efficiently and inexpensively once they are in a space.
◦ Explore the ways pre-engineered and adaptable workspace interiors can offer clients continually performing business assets.
◦ Discover how the design schedule is enhanced by pre-engineering office interiors.
◦ Examine the design freedom provided by mass customization.
◦ See the benefitsof universal zone cabling when it comes to design decisions.
1. Introduction – the problem with conventional construction methods.
2. Traditional construction techniques limit design and limit your client’s future.
3. Good design means good business for a client’s real estate.
4. Modular interior construction with universal zone distribution and user specific lighting allows the design team to provide clients with unique corporate aesthetics and a high performance business asset.
5. The process – a six-sided box: By starting off with a warm-shell (wired with universal zone cabling in an access floor and modular carpeting) the client and design team can make layout decisions up to and beyond move-in day without costly change orders.
6. Holistic thinking – Whether it is acoustics, lighting or technology they shouldn’t be thought of separately.
7. Conclusion | Question & Answer