AIA Course #:HAW527; HSW|SD
IDCEC Course #: 100851; HSW
Subject Code: 5.3 Technical Knowledge: Bldg. Construction & Mat.; and 2.12 Interior Design: Sustainable Design
USGBC Course #: 90000200
One Hour Course
This presentation discusses the climate of overall cost reductions and improved occupant comfort demands. It proposes that Sustainable Construction along with an integrated design approach can meet these challenges and demands at a competitive cost. This presentation introduces the concept of underfloor air as part of this solution as part of the collaborative design process.
◦ Understand the concept of underfloor air distribution and why it is a viable alternative to overheard systems.
◦ Learn how UFAD impacts LEED applications and improves indoor Air Quality.
◦ Understand how each office can have individual user control for improved comfort and productivity.
◦ Understand the importance of a collaborative design approach.
◦ Sustainable Design Concept
◦ Goal of Collaborative Design Strategies
2. Environmental Impact of Construction
3. The Construction Industry – What is holding us back?
4. What is LEED® Points, Products?
◦ Integrated Design and Starting Early
◦ Cost – Perceived vs. Real, Green Building Premium
◦ Life Cycle Costing
5. Detailed Presentation:
◦ UnderfloorDistribution – differences
◦ Indoor Air Quality
◦ Types of access floors
◦ Case Studies
6. Modular Technology Solutions.
7. Portfolio Examples.
8. Summary and Conclusion.